Sunday, October 08, 2006

New England Winters - I Won't Miss It!


new england snow storm!
Originally uploaded by neonlike.

Well, this is the first day of fall, for me out here in FL. There was a cool breeze outside and it actually got as cool as 78 degrees today. It looks like it will go down to 59 degrees tonight. Yes, this is the beginning of fall weather for Florida.

I certainly do not miss the cold weather, up north, and I certainly do not miss the snow, the slush, the freezing cold, and the blizzards of New England. Man that sucked!

I can remember not wanting to get out of bed because it was so cold. I remember not wanting to get out of the house and into that frigid cold. The last winter I had was in Chicago and it got down to 5 degrees. It sucked so badly!!! You had to keep your face covered or it would hurt from the frigid wind. It was hell!


You had to bundle up like a freaking' Polar bear on your way to work. Your fingers were always stiff from the cold or sweating because of your gloves. You can't move because you are bundled up so much. Like I've said, it was hell and you couldn't pay me enough to go back to living like that again!

The snow is beautiful to watch, but that gets old pretty quickly. After the beautiful light fluffy snow comes the sleet, then the freezing rain and the blizzards. Everything is covered in ice and this goes on for months and months and months. It seems like an eternity of this freezing time called winters in New England.


No matter how chilly it may get down here, it will never be as bad as it is up north.

1 Comment:

Unknown said...

And see...your beautiful photos make me long for winter...love it, love it! *grin*