Saturday, September 16, 2006

Create Your Own Video Podcasting Show

I'm sure you've noticed my new ijeannie Video Podcast player!!!! I've been working on putting something like this together for some time now. I've searched various video hosting and video podcasting sites, but none of them seem to have an embedded video player for your shows, like the one I use for my ijeannie audio podcast show.

I've used Dailymotion.com's VideoRoll for a little while, but it's not exactly what I was looking for. Then yesterday, I tried giving the YouTube.com playlist another try. It had the features I was looking for, but again, the player kept crapping out on me. Also, there is that fear that one of my videos may disappear from YouTube, for copy right infringements. Losing videos on YouTube.com is one of the main reasons why I've started downloading videos I like. Also, I've started placing my videos on Dailynation.com which seems to run a lot better and they haven't been dicks about uploading music videos and movie trailers.

Thank the Lord!!! I happen to have found this FREE embeded video play list called
Play Flow. With it you can embed your FLV videos into a web page. Yeah!!! That's exactly what I was looking for!

Check out the program
HERE. Grab it and use it as your embedded video show player. It's very easy to configure and its skin can be customized - although I haven't gotten that far with it yet.

So, here's what you can do to get your Video Show on your web site or blog.

1) Make your video shows. I use Windows Movie Maker and save them as WMVs.

2) Upload your shows to Dailymotion.com (recommended for the rss feed option)
- or - YouTube.com (no rss feed option)

3) Now use the GetVid.com site to grab your video (which has now been conveniently converted to FLV)

4) Upload your FLV to your server

5) Add the URL of the FLV file to the "js" file (js file is used for configuring your FLV files and more) included in the
Play Flow zip file pack

6) Paste the embed code found in the "Play Flow.html" file, into your web site or blog.

And that's it!!!

Now, keep in mind that if you want the rss feed option, you should upload your videos to Dailymotion.com. That way you can copy and past your podcast rss address and past it below your player.

If you need more of an explanation on any of these procedures, feel free to contact me via e-mail or the other contact options.

Happy Video Podcasting!!!!!

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the info!